Unfortunately, I can’t help everyone’s Chronic Pain. Not all Chronic Pain is based on microscopic adhesion of the collagen-based tissues. There are those who suffer from Chronic Pain that has nothing whatsoever to do with injury to the body’s elastic, collagen-based connective tissues (HERE is an example).
But if your pain is being caused by adhesions and microscopic scarring of the collagen fibers that make up virtually all of the elastic connective tissues, the treatment that we offer can be nothing short of miraculous. And it does not really matter how long the fascia has been injured. I have had good results with patients who have had problems for over 70 years (HERE are examples).
- TENDINITIS / TENDINOSIS: Virtually all forms of mechanical tendinopathies (including Tenosynovitis). Note the commonly-used alternative spellings; Tendonitis / Tendonosis.
- CHRONIC NECK or BACK PAIN: If you are one of those people who just can’t seem to hold an adjustment longer than a few days (or maybe a few hours), Tissue Remodeling may be right up your alley. Particularly relevant when you consider how many of the Elastic, Collagen-Based Connective Tissues (especially FASCIA) originate on and around the spine.
- HEADACHES: Not all headaches are musculoskeletal in nature. However, a large percentage are caused by the chronic restriction of Fascial Adhesions of the neck or upper back (or sometimes even lower). And yes; Tissue Remodeling frequently helps chronic migraine sufferers.
- SHOULDER PROBLEMS, INCLUDING ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES: Unless you are 100% positive that your cuff is torn completely in half, try one Tissue Remodeling treatment before you have surgery. Click the link to see videos of several people whose post-surgical shoulders were solved through Tissue Remodeling.
- OSGOOD SCHLATTER’S SYNDROME: Knee pain in kids; usually with a painful lump just below the knee cap. Found in kids, adolescents, and young adults who have played organized sports and had a growth spurt. Click the link to see just how solvable this problem really is!
- PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME (PAIN IN THE BUTT): Many people (most of them women) suffer from chronic pain in the upper buttock (hip area). This can be both a local pain, as well as pain that runs into the leg (sciatica). Piriformis Syndrome is a poorly understood and largely unrecognized epidemic in America’s female population.
- BURSITIS: After more than a decade of experience with Tissue Remodeling, it is my opinion that the majority of what is diagnosed as bursitis is actually some sort of Fascial Adhesion or Tendinopathy.
- PULLED MUSCLES, TORN MUSCLES, MUSCLE STRAINS: These injuries are extremely common; particularly in athletes. Tissue Remodeling is so effective for these, that virtually every major sports team on the planet now employs some form of it for their injured athletes.
- DEGENERATIVE OSTEOARTHRITIS & LOSS OF PROPRIOCEPTION: Be aware that abnormal joint motion, or loss of normal joint motion, causes a loss of proprioception. Loss of proprioception is the known cause of degenerative osteoarthritis –– the most common form of arthritis. As crazy as it may seem, the arthritis is probably not causing nearly as much pain as you think it is. In other words, I can probably help. Cool thing; you know in one treatment.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS: Heel pain characterized by first-step pain. Although Tissue Remodeling can certainly be effective, there may be underlying biomechanical problems in the foot that have to be dealt with.
- SHIN SPLINTS: Like many of the problems that I deal with, the fascial adhesions that cause shin splints are almost never at the site of pain.
- MYSTERY PAIN: It is actually quite common for people to have pain of unknown origin (the medical community calls this MUPS and it arguably the most common reason for doctor visits). This does not mean that the pain has no origin, but simply that no one has been able to determine what that origin is. Remember, fascia is the most pain-sensitive tissue in the body, and it does not image well on MRI. This NASTY COMBINATION will elicit a lot of blank stares, eye rolls, absurd explanations, and unneeded prescriptions.
- T.M.J. Before you go and have a lot of really expensive dental work done (braces, retainers, splints, etc), call me. I have successfully treated numerous cases of TMJ that were nothing but Fascial Adhesions in the Masseter & Temporalis (Jaw Muscles). Again, you’ll know in one treatment.
- POST SURGICAL PAIN: I cannot tell you how many people I have successfully treated, who already had surgery (obviously unsuccessful) for the very problem they are coming to me for. I have successfully treated post-surgical knees, wrists, shoulders, hips, etc. Surgery itself causes microscopic scarring; and after seeing many of these people get better almost instantly, it is obvious that SCAR TISSUE and FIBROSIS were their problem in the first place.
- CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME: Carpal Tunnel Surgery consists of surgically “releasing” (cutting) the thick bands of connective tissue (mostly ligaments and fascia) that surround the wrist, in an attempt to create space in the tunnel. Because Tissue Remodeling is specifically to address restrictions found in traumatically or repetitively injured connective tissues, try us before you try surgery.
- DeQUERVAIN’S SYNDROME: This is essentially a tendinitis (sometimes called a “tenosynovitis”) of the thumb. It is as common as it is treatable.
- FIBROMYALGIA: The name “Fibromyalgia” is a misnomer. FIBRO (fibrous or knotted), MY or MYO (muscle), ALGIA (pain), names the problem according to its symptoms instead of its underlying cause. Click the link to find out how you can address this problem on your own.
- ILLIOTIBIAL BAND SYNDROME: The Tensor Fascia Lata (TFL) is a small muscle on the outside of your hip (buttock), that has a massive tendon-like band of fascial connective tissue called the ITB (Illio-tibial Band). This band runs all the way down the outside of leg to the knee. ITB Syndrome is often related to Piriformis Syndrome.
- PATELLAR TRACKING SYNDROME / PATELLAR FEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME: Knee pain said to be caused by improper tracking of the connective tissues around the knee cap. Doctors use a surgical procedure called a “Lateral Release” to try and free restricted tissues. Before you have a Lateral Release Surgery, try having the overly-tight connective tissues “released” with Tissue Remodeling. This is a particularly big deal once you realize that this problem is the number one reason for visiting sports doctors.
- CHRONIC ANKLE SPRAIN: Severe sprains result in a great deal of scarring and restriction in and around the ankle. I cannot begin tell you how many of these we have successfully treated over the years.
- DUPUYTREN’S CONTRACTURE: This is a mostly painless condition characterized by fingers that curl up into a flexed position (“Trigger Fingers”). It is caused by a thickening and tightening of the Palmar Fascia — the connective tissue on the palm that is analogous to the Plantar Fascia on the bottom of the foot.
- DIZZINESS, VERTIGO, TINNITUS, & THE SPECIAL SENSES: Although these are not really “painful” conditions, they can be debilitating. Learn how these and other neurological conditions can often times be helped by releasing Fascial Adhesions.
- SKULL PAIN: Never confuse Skull Pain with headaches. The top of the skull is covered entirely in fascia — sometimes called an “aponeurosis”. If you have ever injured your head or neck, you may have pain related to Fascial Adhesions on the skull itself.
- SPORTS INJURIES: The majority of what we call “Sports Injuries” are the same injuries in this list —- they just happened to occur while playing sports.
- RIB TISSUE PAIN: Just look at the pictures. Ribs are literally “encased” in fascia, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. If you are having chronic rib pain that is not responding to chiropractic adjustments, it will probably require some Tissue Remodeling.
- INJURED LIGAMENTS: Ligaments are quite similar to fascia, except tougher and slightly less elastic. Ligaments are literally found all over the body, and connect bones to one another.
- WHIPLASH TYPE INJURIES: These types of injuries can cause virtually undetectable scarring of the Fascia. If you have ever suffered a “whiplash like” injury, you owe it to yourself to check out this page.
Because we want you to see that our Tissue Remodeling works on real people just like you, with real problems just like yours; we want to give you the opportunity to view the nearly 200 VIDEO TESTIMONIALS of our patients.